- Interview With A Future Star? December 10, 2016
- Baby, I’m A Star! November 5, 2016
- Random Thoughts October 30, 2016
- This Level Sure Is Expensive… October 24, 2016
- On The Next Level October 16, 2016
- Taking It To The Next Level October 8, 2016
- Work Continues Apace August 31, 2016
- Cover Story August 27, 2016
- An End And A Beginning August 14, 2016
- Goodreads Giveaway August 6, 2016
As promised, here’s my interview of Monica Leonelle, author of SocialPunk, available on Amazon and Barnes & Noble now. Let’s get into it!
Monica Leonelle is a well-known digital media strategist and the author of three novels. She blogs at Prose on Fire (http://proseonfire.com) and shares her writing and social media knowledge with other bloggers and authors through her Free Writer Toolkit (http://proseonfire.com/free-writer-toolkit).
When did you discover or decide to become a writer?
Just a few years ago. But I also wanted to be one when I was a kid. I feel like I mostly write because I can’t help it. I love to write and that’s how I express myself, day in and day out. I can never understand how people want to be writers or authors when they don’t write. I always think, “Then why aren’t you writing every day?” I organically average at least 2,000 words a day writing. When I’m finishing up a manuscript, I average closer to 5,000 words a day. This is just what I do, so I never believe people who say they’re going to write something but just don’t have the time.
Is being a writer anything like you imagined it would be?
It’s hard, and no one imagines that. So I suppose that’s a yes. 🙂
Do you have any writing quirks or rituals?
While I do write all around the clock for my job, I get most of my fiction writing done in the wee hours… Continue reading →